UNITY UI/UX PROGRAMMER
Big Red Button (BRB) is a collection of game industry veterans coming together to make fun and unique games we’d personally like to play on new and established platforms.
A BRB career is about moving fast with a focused, small experienced indie team to find solutions to unique technical, gameplay and visual problems.
We are looking for an experienced UX/UI programmer for a well-known legacy PC title, with HD characters and RPG systems, revising for mobile. The ideal candidate possesses expert level experience in Unity on UI systems scripting and layouts for games, with minimally 2-3 years’ industry experience on released titles. This multi-skilled individual will have a broad understanding of the technical issues spanning both engineering and art. Since BRB also developed PC & Console titles, UE4 UI implementation experience will be a bonus!
BRB is currently observing The California Safer At Home order. We’ll continue to work remotely as needed in the coming months. This position can later elect to continue to work remotely, or for candidates outside of Los Angeles area, to relocate to sunny El Segundo, Los Angeles.
- Implement complicated and custom UI systems in Unity
- Take UX wireframes or mockups through to working UI on device
- Iterate and polish with design and UI leads for maximum effect on device
- Work with UI and Tech leads to optimize and manage UI for various devices
- Work with the gameplay programmers to implement core game features.
- Master internal custom tools to maximize development pipelines and runtime performance.
- 2-3 years’ of UI programming and implementation experience.
- Experience in using Unity Canvas UI, creating and implementing UI elements.
- Possess a good art sense (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, graphic design, and text layout)
- 2+ years of C# expertise; Unity 3D game development experience
- Proven experience in shipping applications with Unity front-end components
- Experience developing on cross-platform mobile games
- Passion for game and simulation development and desire to mentor and share your knowledge with other
Reels must include examples of professional work, with breakdown of your specific contribution.
Qualifying candidates should expect to go through a technical interview process.
We want you to grow your career with us. By collaborating with our team averaging 15+ years of gaming experience, our goal is for you to do your best work with us as we all elevate our craft.
BRB offers competitive salaries and benefits and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. People from all walks of life irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, and disability are encouraged to apply.