If you’re looking to help build an industry veteran founded studio focused on original character-based IP development, we’re looking for you! Please submit your resumé, reel and reel breakdown. Please state the position you’re interested in.
Big Red Button is composed of industry veteran game developers focused on delivering authentic gaming experiences that are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Our studio in Southern California is seeking up-and-coming staffers to work on an “unannounced” project.
Big Red Button Entertainment is founded by 20+ year gaming veterans with the mission of creating unique character action game titles. We’re looking for a highly talented and motivated Senior Programmer who will lead a growing team for high fidelity VR and AR game experiences.
- Ability to work with a team of engineers, artists and designers to execute the vision of the creative director and project leads.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and develop systems for gameplay in a variety of project dimensions.
- Familiarity with animation, physics and gameplay code in general.
- Interface with the game server team to implement gameplay and player systems.
- At least 5 years programming experience on low-level engine development.
- Have production and technology experience that produced a shipped title on current console or handheld platforms.
- Strong interest in VR and AR technology including mobile and immersive VR and AR.
- Experience on commercial game engines such as Unity, Unreal, as well as custom technology solutions.
- Mobile game development experience.
- Experience working with artists and designers directly in game production.
- Experience in establishing tool development pipelines (asset pipeline, exporters, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to all levels of engineering
- Experience with latest in AR and VR technology including systems like the Google Daydream and Cardboard, HTC Vive and Oculus, or PlayStation VR systems.
- Server development experience on Restful server architectures including Google Cloud Services, AWS, or similar technologies.
- Quick and enthusiastic to learn new programming languages and technologies, such as databases and web technology.
- Submit to email@example.com
- Submit your RESUME along with any websites or portfolios you may have created for our consideration.
- In the subject line, list the name of the job you’re interested in
- In your email, please state where you heard about the job
- Reels and portfolios (for artists) must include examples of professional work, and an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted.
- SPECIAL NOTE: We review every email that comes in but phone calls are not acceptable.