Big Red Button (BRB) is looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join our veteran team rebooting an amazing globally recognized IP for PC & Console in UE4. Someone who is passionate about games, enjoys working directly with design and art lead to define creative and technical goals to develop core systems and the player’s experience. It’s a rare opportunity for the candidate who wants to play a central role in a core team during pre-production then grow and lead the broader team to full production, and on to completion.
If you’re a person who likes taking ownership of gameplay systems, being challenged and working closely with other disciplines, we’re looking for you!
BRB is located in sunny El Segundo, Los Angeles, minutes from the beach and within walking distances to restaurants, shops and movie theaters.
- Work as sole programmer along with lead designer and art director to establish the mechanics and movesets of the player character and enemies
- Coordinate with project producer to schedule programming priorities
- Further into production, lead programming staff by frequent reviews and providing feedback on gameplay systems
- Gain a thorough understanding of the game’s design goals to produce a prioritized implementation plan for all major game systems.
- Minimum 2+ years of game programming, and, recommended, 1 project as a Programmer
- A strong passion for game development and a keen sense of fun gameplay
- Experienced with player state machines, control systems, physics and gameplay coding.
- Fluency in Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent game engine technology.
- Fluency in C/C++
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passionate about games
- Able to fill in the gaps in game design specs
- Understanding when to rapid prototype and when to rebuild systems from ground up
- Experience from working with character performance, motion capture, and highly detailed animation systems
- Experience in control systems and interactions
- Experience from working with character scripting, animation state machines, animation blending and similar techniques
Qualifying candidates should expect to go through a technical interview process.
Big Red Button is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. People from all walks of life irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, and disability are encouraged to apply.