If you’re looking to help build an industry veteran founded studio focused on original character-based IP development, we’re looking for you!
Big Red Button is composed of industry veteran game developers focused on delivering authentic gaming experiences that are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Our studio in Southern California is seeking up-and-coming staffers to work on an “unannounced” project.
Big Red Button Entertainment is founded by 20+ year gaming veterans with the mission of creating unique character action game titles. We’re looking for a highly talented and motivated Senior Programmer who will lead a growing team for high fidelity console action game experiences.
- Ability to work with a team of engineers, artists and designers to execute the vision of the creative director and project leads.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and develop systems for gameplay in a variety of project dimensions.
- Familiarity with animation, physics and gameplay code in general.
- Interface with the game server team to implement gameplay and player systems.
- At least 5 years programming experience on low-level engine development.
- Have production and technology experience that produced a shipped title on current console or handheld platforms.
- Strong interest in character action games.
- Experience on commercial game engines such as Unity, Unreal, as well as custom technology solutions.
- Experience working with artists and designers directly in game production.
- Experience in establishing tool development pipelines (asset pipeline, exporters, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to all levels of engineering
- Experience with character animation and gameplay systems.
- AI enemy creation and design