SENIOR PROGRAMMER (TAPESTRY)
Big Red Button (BRB) is looking for an experienced Programmer (Senior to Lead-level experience) to join our veteran team working on various titles such as an innovative sweepstake game, and an amazing globally recognized IP to mobile. Someone who is passionate about games, enjoys working directly with design and art lead to define creative and technical goals to develop core systems and the player’s experience. It’s a rare opportunity for the candidate who wants to play a central role in a core team during pre-production then grow and lead the broader team to full production, and on to completion.
If you’re a person who likes taking ownership of gameplay systems, being challenged and working closely with other disciplines, we’re looking for you!
- Ability to work with a team of engineers, artists and designers to execute the vision of the creative director and project leads.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and develop systems for gameplay in a variety of project dimensions.
- Familiarity with animation, physics and gameplay code in general.
- Interface with the game server team to implement gameplay and player systems.
- At least 5 years programming experience on low-level engine development.
- Have production and technology experience that produced a shipped title on current console or mobile platforms.
- Passionate about character action games.
- Experience on commercial game engines such as Unity, Unreal, as well as custom technology solutions.
- Experience working with artists and designers directly in game production.
- Experience in establishing tool development pipelines (asset pipeline, exporters, etc.)
- Experienced with player state machines, control systems, physics and gameplay coding.
- Fluency in C/C++
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate technical
- Able to fill in the gaps in game design specs
- Understanding when to rapid prototype and when to rebuild systems from ground up
- Experience from working with character performance, motion capture, and highly detailed animation systems
- Experience in control systems and interactions
- Experience from working with character scripting, animation state machines, animation blending and similar techniques
- AI enemy creation and design
Qualifying candidates should expect a technical interview process.
Big Red Button offers competitive Southern California salaries and benefits, and is located in sunny El Segundo, Los Angeles, CA, minutes from the beach and within walking distance to restaurants, shops and movie theaters.
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce. People from all walks of life irrespective of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, and disability are encouraged to apply.